Saturday 15 June 2013

Half way there - and I already had several adventures

Almost in Stockholm now...

Let's start at the beginning.

Woke up this morning with quite a giddy head - no wonder after spending two nights at my cousin's place in Hamburg....Thanks to Jasper, Thore and Carlson- what great two days.

Got to the train station 5 minutes early just to find out that the train had an engine problem and would be out of order. Managed to find a train that would get me to Copenhagen and meet Tim - also bag-packing and travelling in my direction. We soon enough joined forces and helped each other find our way. We had some really interesting talks and got along really well. After arriving in Copenhagen, we had a short walk and got ourselves some coffee, while waiting for the train to Stockholm. However, as we had missed our actual train we had no reservation and as we approached the train, we got a little worried if they would let us on. After two awesome employees of SJ, re-booked our tickets and got us a pair of decent 1st class seats, we could finally relax, get some food and use the internet, where I got in contact we a few friends and gave them heads-up on my situation.

Tim might join me on the Husky Farm in 10 days after finishing his travels with his friends. At this point I want to say thanks Tim, was great meeting you and would be awesome to work side-by-side with you on the farm.

Really looking forward to my sleeping cabin on the night train to Kiruna - hope the ride isn't to bumpy ;-)

I was also on to Nadia, a fellow volunteer, who I should meet in Stockholm and travel together for the rest of the journey. She told me her plane was delayed and might miss here connections :-( . Hope everything turned out ok and I will meet here at the train station. We'll see; best of luck Nadia !!!!

Finally, my cousin gave me a lend of his Go Pro HERO 2, so I will - hopefully soon - have some great footage to share. Arriving in 20 minutes in Stockholm - damn travelling makes me tired!

Hoping for a good nights rest, really need to catch up on some sleep!

God kväll Stockholm!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. Bier, Kiez, Kater, no sleep, great people, lost Trains. The normal Daniel-Programm. Go through!
    Looking foreward to hear more of you.
    And the best wishes travel with you.
    Martin

    ReplyDelete