Wednesday 26 June 2013

Valimaa - the 2nd Husky Farm

Spend the last two days in Valimaa or Darwin, which is the other Farm that we work on...

I am beginning to like this Farm even more than Hetta, although living here is very, very basic but improving with the time and effort people invest, here. The dogs are great and the basic task here are the same as on the other Farm. Also, I have begun shooting videos and pictures and if I have some spare time I will try to upload them.

However, it's my day off, tomorrow, and we are driving to Tromso, to have a look at the city and to pick someone up from the airport. I will be back in Valimaa, then and don't know how long I'll be staying there.

The sun is finally coming back over the horizon and it won't be long until it might actually get dark again for a few hours. Slept in my hammock, the last two nights and it's really cosy. Not outside, though, as I was keeping an eye on two dogs, which needed to be chained and kept inside - away from trouble!

So, I am in my second week of training and really enjoying the work. There's nothing, so far, that bothers me and I'm quite surprised of how well my body and mind cope with the high amount of learning and working - I guess the army really changed my attitude towards hard and sometimes annoying tasks that I sometimes might not understand the purpose of, yet. Also being out in the wilderness - more or less - is really nice again and I really get to appreciate small things, again. Like a clean, hot shower or a beer, whilst sitting outside reading a book and listening to the dogs howl.

Stay tuned ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment